Wednesday 30 March 2011

Lost in translation

Image from weheartit.com
Here is something interesting I realised this morning...my PC desktop was so over populated with files and folders I could no longer see my desktop theme. 

I haven't been myself lately.  Earlier this year I was disappointed, really disappointed.  A chain of events left me with the revelation that someone I had held up (very high) was human and flawed.  I know this seems simple and almost ridiculous, but this disappointment came from someone I had idolised since I was a kid.  In fact, as I grew older I thought she could do no wrong and was the ultimate example of what I wanted to be...kind, gracious and wise.

The realisation that something isn't what you thought it was can be hard to accept (extreme case in point the earth is not flat!). This new knowledge causes us to grow, and sometimes growth causes pain.  The departure of something you held as truth can be an anxious separation.  And, as it turns out, I foolishly went through this growth pain kicking and screaming and it spilled ugly into other relationships and area's in my life.


I realised this morning my desktop looked a lot like my life at the moment.  Ugly, disordered and so busy with un-filed documents that I can't even see the theme in the background.



So, as I tidied it I got myself tidied up too.  With the clearing, look what I can see again...

2 comments:

  1. I followed a link to your site from 'I Hate Church', having read a comment you made about grace in an article there. I was reading through this post on your site, nodding in agreement, when I noticed your desktop text...I have this scripture tattooed on my arm (yes, that will offend some - sorry).

    Anyway, as much as I enjoy spirited debate, it's nicer to read the views of a another and just think "Yes". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by and commenting Monsignor! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete